Earn rewards for your active and sustainable travel
BetterPoints Sunderland is a rewards programme for ditching the car and making more active and sustainable travel choices. It is running from 1st March to 30th September 2022. During that time residents and commuters to Sunderland can download the free BetterPoints app, track sustainable and active journeys to earn BetterPoints, and BetterTickets to win prizes. BetterPoints can then be redeemed for a whole host of retail vouchers or donated to charities.
How do I take part?
Click below to download the BetterPoints app.
Watch a short video here
To get you started or follow these instructions:
1. Download the BetterPoints app from the App Store or the Google Play Store.
2. Tap “Join Now” in the app, and fill out the registration form.
3. There will be a welcome message in your timeline in the app inviting you to join the challenges available to you including 'BetterPoints Sunderland.'
4. Complete your baseline survey from the message in your timeline to unlock the activity rewards.
5. Tap the Play ▶ button in the top right corner of the app to track your activities via Automatic (always on) or Manual Tracking (when you want to track a specific activity).
6. Start earning BetterPoints and BetterTickets!
What rewards can you earn?
Sign up and Get Started Survey
Kick off your rewards by earning 250 BetterPoints for answering some short questions about your activity levels and travel habits.
Once you've taken the survey these are the rewards available to you:
Earn 1 BetterPoint per minute up to 60 points per day by walking, wheeling, cycling, scooting, running or using an eBike or e-scooter in Sunderland.
Earn 10 BetterPoints up to four times a day by taking the bus, metro or train for journeys over half a mile in Sunderland.
How can you redeem or donate your BetterPoints?
BetterPoints are redeemable for discounts and vouchers. Alternatively, you can donate your points to charity. You can find these in the app under the Redeem or Donate tabs.
Have a question about the challenge?
Visit our BetterPoints Sunderland FAQs page here. You can also get in touch with us via the app, by clicking on the main menu and Help.